# Domain Server
The Vircadia Domain server is developed in this repositoryopen in new window and uses the following stack:
- Qt & QMLopen in new window - C++ framework with UI components
- To enable scaling for hundreds or thousands of users in one instance, all major functions (avatars, entities, assets, messaging, etc.) are broken out into subprocesses called Assignment clients.
- Connects with users over WebRTC and UDP simultaneously.
- Persistent world state.
- Rolling backups for world state.
- Realtime spatial audio for all clients
- Server-wide text messaging
The Domain server deploys a type of server called an Assignment client to provide different functionalities to a virtual world.